Owning a company in the fitness industry can be incredibly rewarding work, especially because you are providing a place that your community members can get fit and healthy. That being said, owning a fitness facility and have a successful fitness facility are two entirely different entities.
If we are honest, the fitness industry is pretty saturated and setting yourself apart from competitors can be challenging. You need to develop a unique look and personal identity in order to attract new customers and retain your current one.
One of the best ways to do this is to ensure that your branding is on point. It should clearly align with your company values, and be able to show customers what it is that drives your business and why they should choose you over the myriad other fitness facilities.
You need to consider what sets you apart; it could be your facilities, your trainers, state-of-the-art equipment, diversity of fitness levels – anything really. Whatever it is, this needs to be communicated throughout your brand with fitness signage, tone of voice and brand image all reflecting your company’s philosophy.
The Different Types of Fitness Signs
As expert sign makers, writers and designers, we’ve seen our fair share of fitness signs and other brand development marketing materials and we specialise in a number of different kinds. The most common signs for fitness facilities include:
- Outdoor branding: The outdoor branding on your facility is essential to help people know where your premises are located, as well as catching the eye of new clients driving or walking by. Your outdoor fitness signage gives you presence and visibility in your community.
- Indoor branding: The branding doesn’t stop outdoors, and you should use signs to ensure that your brand image and tone of voice is carried inside with window signage and other options.
- Indoor information signs: You have to have informative fitness signs within your facilities. This is to help people know where to go, how to use the machines, rules and regulations and so on.
- Marketing material: Other fitness signs to consider are things like fleet branding, car or truck branding and billboard fitness signs to draw attention to your facilities.
The Benefits of Fitness Signs
Fitness signs are an important part of your marketing material and they can have many benefits for your company:
- Increased visibility: How are people meant to know that your facility is open or located where it is, if you don’t tell them? Outdoor signs are an excellent way to increase the visibility and awareness of your company to the local community.
- Brand image: Keep your signs in line with your company brand image and tone of voice and you will be recognised purely by your signs. This also increases brand awareness and trust with your clients.
- Safety: When it comes to indoor signs for fitness facilities, it’s important to make sure your have signs that give your customers instructions. These signs are things such as how to use the equipment, to be careful on the side of the pool, to wipe equipment and direct them to the right change rooms. Comprehensive fitness signs ensure your clients’ safety as much as you can.
If you are looking for signs to take your fitness facility to the next level, simply contact us at LF Sign Group and we’ll do the work for you!